Introduced in 1955 by golf course designer James Harrison, Sleepy Hollow Golf Club has hosted many of the states championships, qualifiers and USGA qualifiers over the years. With six different sets of tee markers golfers of all skill levels are sure to enjoy this beautiful layout. The course features generous fairways and large greens. As inviting as that sounds most of the greens slope severely from back to front making chipping and putting downhill very interesting.
Hole by Hole Description
1. A well placed tee shot down the left center of the fairway will set you up for the best approach to the opening par 4. This green is just a preview of what is to come.
2. This short par 5 is an opportunity to get your round off to a good start. Just avoid the fairways bunkers and it is reachable in two for most players.
3. A good drive is required on this par 4. A narrow tee shot and a well protected green make this hole one of our toughest.
4. This is the first of the four challenging par 3s on this golf course. A narrow green protected by bunkers on each side will test your short game if you hit a loose iron shot.
5. A great short par 4 here. The longer hitters may give it a go here but trouble right will certainly penalize any miss in that direction.
6. This long par 3 requires a precise long iron/fairway metal shot. Any miss will result in a difficult up and down or long putt.
7. Another reachable par 5 for some players after a well placed tee shot down the right side of the fairway. The only place you want to miss on the approach is short because this large green is well protected by bunkers and rough.
8. This is the most demanding tee shot on the golf course for most. This long par 4 will challenge all players not only off the tee but with an approach over the water.
9. Another demanding hole here. A dogleg left par 4 that requires a well placed tee shot.
10. This lengthy par 5 is only reachable by the longest players. Putting your ball in the right place on this green is key.
11. This hole is all about distance control. A tee shot in play will give you a good opportunity here if you can place your ball in the right area of this enormous green.
12. An elevated tee shot over water here. This is maybe the most scenic hole on the golf course. Another par 3 that requires a good tee shot.
13. This short par 4 is tree lined and requires a good drive. That will leave you a good opportunity to attack what is maybe the flattest green on the course.
14. A good tee shot in the fairway here provides another good opportunity to score.
15. This is where the fun begins. This uphill par 4 is the beginning of a great stretch of finishing holes.
16. A long dogleg left par 4 requires a well placed tee shot and a good approach to a kidney shaped green that is well protected
17. Probably the hardest hole in relation to par on this golf course. A long par 3 that will challenge golfers of all skill levels here.
18. The finishing hole is a long straight away par 5 that will test you each step of the way.
Sleepy Hollow Score Sheet